The Sr. DBA
is responsible for the overall performance, scalability, and design of the data tier of our Remote Order Platform
. With minimal supervision, the Sr. DBA will tune queries, analyze and improve our data model, perform code reviews, and provide input on design decisions regarding data integrations, deployment strategies, and continuous integration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will have:
- Responsibility for overall Database performance (T-SQL query tuning, locking/blocking and transactional workflow analysis).
- Third Party Vendor/FWH code releases and support.
- Database and data access layer related code reviews and mentorship of junior developers.
- Participation in scalability and high-level architecture discussions.
- Daily T-SQL development.
- Database design specification and data modeling.
- Responsible for physical data placement/organization such as partitioning / segmenting and durable / in-memory data processing.
- Responsible for daily bug fixes and tier 3 support.
- Participation in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery.
Experience necessary for effective job performance:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MTA, MSCA, MCSE Certifications preferred.
- Familiar with public cloud concepts, specifically Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service.
- Experience leveraging optimizations techniques on all infrastructure systems and troubleshooting SQL Services.
- Experience with continuous integration concepts and experience with SQL Server Data Tools (dacpac) deployments.
- Have an understanding of SQL Server Availability Groups and how they impact database deployments in a multi-datacenter environment.
Experience which would set the candidate apart:
- Hands-on experience implementing Databases and SQL servers along with proven record of documentation.
- Experience with SQL server & Windows OS for all currently supported versions.
- Database design and coding experience with TSQL.
- Monitoring systems and providing utilization statistics and capacity planning.
- Experience designing systems with high transaction throughput.
- Experience with partitioning databases.
- Familiar with desired state database deployment models, specifically SQL Server Data Tools projects (dacpacs).
- In depth understand of SQL Server and TSQL coding experience.
- Extensive experience performance tuning T-SQL queries and stored procedures in systems with a high number of transactions per second with a high degree of concurrency.
- In depth understanding of relational database design and how to use the various SQL Server storage engine features to optimize performance and transactional workflow.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure SQL Database (PaaS).
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines (IaaS).
- Hands-on experience using SQL Server 2016.
- Practical understanding of In-Memory OLTP, Query Store, and Columnstore indexes.