On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a DevOps Practice Lead who will be responsible for driving and implementing DevOps products, processes and best practices to accelerate the continuous delivery of value to customers and amplify the feedback required to better anticipate failures and increase the quality and performance of e-commerce applications and services.
This role will require the development, maintenance and analysis of industry leading solutions, practices and methods to ensure teams are equipped to build, test, deploy and operate applications and will provide hands-on experience with respective tools, practices and technologies to peers and stakeholders. This position will also be accountable for identifying inefficiencies, risks and reliability issues in the systems and processes that impede high-quality services and provide guidance and assistance to implement solutions to eliminate them.
The DevOps Engineer Practice Lead will be recognized by peers and superiors as the expert of DevOps and help define our road map for implementing best-in-class toolset for teams to utilize DevOps best practices. They will be expected to help elevate the team’s knowledge in DevOps best practices by providing regular training sessions and help drive the DevOps Community of Practice.
• Stay current with technological developments and be recognized as an expert in DevOps technologies such as CI/CD pipelines, Orchestration, Configuration Management, Cloud Computing, Test Automation, Performance, Monitoring, and Logging and recommend ways to take advantage of new technology.
• Create organizational best practices for building scalable, high availability and reliable services.
• Drive the design and implementation of complex engineering automation, productivity tools and solutions to streamline and improve the build-test-deployment cycle and the reliability and performance of all services.
• Drive the design and build of effective Telemetry and Logging solutions to support a rapidly growing, heterogeneous and complex production environment.
• Help define processes for Operations, Infrastructure, QA, Performance and Development teams to work collaboratively in building new capabilities/features for our business.
• Work closely with the DevOps Product Owner to define our road map and the technologies we should be implementing in the future.
• Lead the DevOps Community of Practice between our cross-functional teams to elevate the team’s knowledge and skillset in DevOps tools and best practices.
• Help drive discussions with performance engineers, software engineers, QA and IT specialists and provide recommendations on scalability, performance and availability for new and existing Products.
• Available as an on-call resource when required
• Available to work weekdays, nights, weekends and holidays as required by the support team
• 10+ yrs, Experience with 24x7 operations and support of web-scale systems
• 10+ yrs, Experience supporting and / or developing Java / C# Websites
• 6+ yrs, Experience in designing, monitoring and supporting a large-scale & highly available system
• 10+ yrs, Experience in creating, implementing and supporting applications for monitoring, reporting and logging such as SCOM, Zabbix, Nagios, Sensu, ELK, Splunk, Dynatrace, Catchpoint, Graphite, Prometheus, grafana
• 10+ yrs, Experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
• 8+ yrs, Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
• 6+ yrs, Experience deploying and operating applications running in Cloud Platforms
• 5+ yrs, Experience with containerized applications and / or Microservice
About Affinity Staffing:
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.