On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join their team for a permanent position. If you are interested in working in beautiful Victoria, BC and have extensive Data Engineering experience, keep reading!
- Design, implement, and support ETL processes that pull data from multiple sources and make it available and useful for business analysis
- Design, implement, and maintain streaming data pipelines for processing, aggregating, and storing system and application events
- Provide database and SQL expertise to business teams and analysts.
Nice to have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics, with 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- An understanding of both OLTP and data warehousing principles, techniques, and tools
- Experience working with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka and other open-source and big data technologies
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience with NoSQL Databases
- Experience with command-line Linux
- Experience building and optimizing ETL pipelines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, particularly those that apply to a big data environment
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- A passion for data.
- Familiarity with analytical tools such as Tableau, SSRS, JasperSoft
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- DevOps skills: scripting and automation; Docker, Kubernetes, and container orchestration; security and cryptography; release management; infrastructure deployment, operation, alerting, and management
- An interest in data visualization
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long-term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit.