On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a front-end software engineer on a full-time permanent or contract-hire basis.
- Take ownership of Jira tasks from inception to completion and ensuring that each task is completed on time and to a high standard of quality.
- Write code, conduct code reviews, and participate in peer code design discussions.
- Ensure code adheres to Company guidelines and industry standards.
- Ensure requirement are well defined and understood before writing any code.
- Ensure teams are using shared libraries for maximum re-use
- Ensure best effort to maintain 90% utilization on triaged Jira tasks
- Ensure projects are completed successfully on time
- Ensure all code written have been successfully tested from unit, integration and end to end, making every effort to automate all the tests.
- Employee may be asked to perform other ancillary or related duties as required, to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- At least three years as a Web Developer
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and CSS Pre-processors such as SASS or LESS
- ReactJS, especially best practices in its use
- State containers such as Redux
- At least 5 years experience consuming RESTful API
- Experience with task runners such as Grunt, Gulp or module bundlers such as Webpack or Browserify
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing using Jest/Enzyme or Mocha/Chai/Jasmine
- Experience using GIT to branch, tag and version release packages
- Comfortable with using the Command Line Interface
- At least 3 years experience working in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and a demonstrated ability to operate autonomously
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve technical and business-related problems
- Meticulous and efficient in communication and consistently documents all work.
- Strong customer service mindset
About Affinity Staffing:
- Alternative styling solutions such as JSS, Style modules
- React's Context API
- Experience with Websockets
- Experience using Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Experience with e2e Testing using Selenium or Protractor
- Experience with Jira to manage day to day activities
- Experience using BitBucket to conduct code reviews and merge code.
- Experience deploying, configuring and monitoring application servers in AWS
- Docker experience
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long-term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.