On behalf of our client, Affinity Group is seeking Systems Analysts (Product Owner/BA)
to work together with an Implementation Team that has ownership of a primary system. The Systems Analysts are aligned with Business Product Owners who prioritize their requests, clarify their needs, and work with the wider business teams to ensure that they deliver success.
The Systems Analyst (Product Owner/BA)
is responsible for building and maturing the systems analysis practice within the program team. They meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business and functional requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve business systems issues. You will also:
- Create and/or groom a product backlog ensuring that fixes and enhancements are prioritized and delivered per an agreed-upon schedule.
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Assist in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and enhancements to existing applications.
- Help manage the product roadmap for the assigned product and business function.
- Responsible for developing and maturing the System Analysis practice within the Program team.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Work with business and technical teams to understand and improve process including documentation of and enhancements to SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
Here's what you bring:
- Create system design proposals.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Conduct research on hardware and software products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting comprehensive feasibility studies including detailed documentation of procedures and personnel utilization with recommendations identifying specific computer application areas.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct gap analysis
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or business administration and/or 5+ years related work experience.
- Desirable: Business Analysis certification
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to work with varying stakeholders to reach consensus on scope and timelines.
- Understanding of the principles of MVP (minimally viable product) or MLP (minimally loveable product).
- Desirable: Working technical knowledge of programming languages (Java, .NET or APEX) and/or Salesforce knowledge and experience.
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Extensive experience with core software applications.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good project management skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Work in an award-winning building; almost every desk in the building gets daylight. Take advantage of nearby walking/running trails, malls, and a central location. We have a subsidized cafeteria, gym facilities, a daycare, and other supports for a good work/life balance.
- We believe and invest in diversity
- Integrity - We do the right thing.
- Corporate Citizenship including hosting the annual Corporate Kids Challenge for KidSport BC, sponsoring multiple families each year through the Burnaby Christmas Bureau, and more.
- We have fun at work!
Your career development is also important to us. You are also supported by:
- Leadership that believes and invests in you. An Open Door policy.
- Team-mates that are available for guidance, assistance, and comradery
- Monthly Lunch & Learns
- Cross-Team demos and training
- Opportunities for Job Shadowing and other “Day in the Life of” learning activities.
- Process that is mature enough to provide a guiding framework but flexible enough to allow you to apply best practices learned elsewhere