Affinity has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Video Conferencing Engineer (contract) to join our client looking to leverage the latest in Unified Communications and Video Conferencing. The Senior Video Conferencing Engineer is responsible for supporting the user adoption of the Company’s communication solutions.
What do you need to be able to do:
What are the requirements:
- Provide design recommendations and guidance for cloud and on-premise communication solutions (ex. WebEx, Office 365, Skype for Business, etc.)
- Design and engineer high-quality AV systems that meet budgets and project timelines.
- Using current state – future state gap analysis considerations responsible for complete design by discipline for projects of all sizes;
- Makes major design recommendations and design decisions with little input from senior staff;
- Plans design work, calculates costs, and time schedules to assign design duties to junior staff working on projects;
- Maintaining and supporting an end-to-end enterprise Video solution that includes, development, design, implement, ongoing engineering services of Video infrastructure.
- Consults with all Business Units on system architecture of new and existing platforms to ensure integrity of design, meets both Telecom standards and Business Unit needs and scalable for future growth.
- Configure, maintain, and support video room infrastructure technologies
- Support content sharing technologies
- Work with other IT members to identify, resolve, and document infrastructure issues affecting collaboration computing services
- Perform audio visual troubleshooting, repairs, and maintenance of equipment.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, and connectivity issues on Polycom, routers, switches, and other unified communication technologies.
- Create and maintain training materials on video room technology and cloud communication solutions
- Coordinates network and communications hardware, software, and application support to production projects to support day-to-day operation and upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science, or related
- 8-10 years experience supporting video room systems and unified communication bridge services
- 3+ years experience supporting Polycom equipment - preferred
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel to remote offices periodically
- Excellent technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- You can grasp complex subjects and effectively strategize how to achieve optimal results.
- Roadblocks don’t intimidate you. You understand how to successfully evaluate problems and develop appropriate solutions
About Affinity Staffing:
Affinity Staffing is a full-service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit www.affinitystaffing.ca