On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a Network Engineer to join their team to upgrade their Network Infrastructure through installation and configuring of new equipment.
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
- Ability to replace core switches. (Migration of settings from legacy to new, etc.)
- Ability to replace edge switches. (Migration of settings from legacy to new, etc.)
- Configure routing, firewall and NAT policies on internet firewalls.
- Coordinate with vendor to replace a legacy Metro circuit with a new CE circuit.
- Support the vendor pre-field, staging, and implementation activities for circuit replacement.
- Coordinate vendor decommissioning of legacy Metro circuit.
- Site preparation for installation(s).
- Provide support with additional hardware components related to the work above.
- Physical labor related to the work above.
- Provide network implementation / production cutover services outside of normal business hours, as required
- 7 years of experience with a wide range of Cisco routers & switches
- 7 years of proven network troubleshooting skills at engineering level
- Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3 - 4 years of full-time study.
- Routing & Switching skills at CCIE level (BGP, OSPF, RIP, PVST, HSRP, etc.)
- Cisco QoS experience (CCNP level or equivalent)
- VPN, IDS/IPS, Firewall experience
- Experience in troubleshooting: DNS, DHCP, FTP, VPNs, LACP, SSL, NAT/PAT, ADSL/Cable Modems, copper/fiber wiring issues
- Superior understanding of network monitoring & performance technologies
- Strong understanding of Telco transport technologies (SONET, ATM, MPLS)
- Strong understanding of traditional Telephony technologies (PBX, PRIs)
- CCNP and/or CCIE level certifications are desired
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long-term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit.