On behalf of our Vancouver based client, Affinity Staffing is seeking a Lead Software Engineers (LSE)
to direct the various software development teams on the design and implementation of software applications that realize business needs. The incumbent translates business and technical architecture requirements into design specifications for the development team. This position defines all hardware and software components for large-scale systems. The LSE designs and codes software from the ground up and, as well as correctly sizing the solution to fit business needs. The incumbent applies expert-level knowledge of object oriented concepts and experience with web services and work flows to solve complex business problems. The LSE uses strong organizational and leadership skills to set and maintain efficient development progress.
Technical Skill or Capability
- Demonstrated mastery of information system design, implementation, testing, deployment and support including hardware, software, application and system engineering.
- Ability to drive sound design, and implementation through hands-on development. Understands and implements architectural vision for performance, extensibility, and availability.
- Deep understanding of efficient data structures and algorithms and working knowledge and experience with best practices for software development such as SOLID. Understands common design patterns the motivations for use.
- Ability to champion technical investigations and cost estimates.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written. Assertive and proactive. Identifies and embraces challenges.
- Experience and desire to mentor, teach and lead teams.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Designs and implements distributed computer systems for windows, web and mobile applications. Distributes and directs the design and coding of software components by other software developers.
- Prepares cost estimates and system requirements to meet stakeholders request for new or improved systems and prepares and presents results in business presentations.
- Well versed in design patterns, language idioms and software design and coding best practices such as SOLID.
- Experience implementing and applying continuous integration techniques with TFS ALM and Agile tools
- Perform business analysis and develops specifications with the Product Owner and Stakeholders. Determines and develops design approaches and solutions, develops recommendations on how to proceed with the application realization. (10%)
- Establishes the system vision for the development team and leads all project development and testing efforts. Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements. Directs the implementation of the software solution by example, mentoring, motivating and guiding the team. Develops significant portions of the system. Assures overall product quality. Plans and Coordinates production releases. Enforces the application of established FWH Inc. coding standards and the practice of the best software development Principals, methodologies appropriate to the application and engineering best practices. Performs code reviews and extensive testing. (50%)
- Takes a lead role in sprint planning. Assures that the QA/Test programs for all projects are effective and efficient. Provides team and project leadership for software development activities. (10%)
- Works with Enterprise Architects to assure that solutions meet architectural requirements. Designs and develops efficient software components meeting project requirements. (20%)
- Conveys project objectives, risks and success criteria to Company Leadership team. (10%)
Skills and Abilities Required
- Maintains a strong work ethic and positive attitude and motivates team members
- Ability to maintain focus on business objectives and communicate project status to stakeholders in timely manner.
- Exercises sound decision making using good common-sense and results-driven judgment
- Assures that the QA/Test programs for all projects are effective and sufficient. Assures overall product quality.
- Plans and Coordinates production releases
- Provide tier 2 user support on scheduled basis
About Affinity Staffing:
- Extensive software design and development skills/experience (minimum: 8 years, preferred: 10 years)
- Experience designing and building web services
- Enforces continuous integration practices
Affinity Staffing is a full-service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long-term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit www.affinitystaffing.ca