On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a backend developer to join a globally growing Vancouver brand. You will be accountable for developing code mainly in PHP 7, using MySQL/MariaDB as the database engine and Laravel as the PHP framework, and will contribute to extend the ecommerce platform features, and fill any functionality gaps with custom well-written, commented, organized and documented code. Supporting the existing code base and being a key player in researching possible issues and solutions
- Write well designed, structured & testable code. The code must be self-explanatory, well documented and easy to maintain in future development sprints.
- Able to develop PHP code, following Object Oriented best practices.
- Write integrations between our ecommerce platform Shopify and our backend systems to fill the functionality gaps, using extendable code that can be upgraded safely.
- Work closely with a dynamic creative team and stakeholders to ensure the creation of a scalable and innovative site.
- Ability to take the creative ideas and drill down to give concise deliverables both in terms of features and functionality.
- Produce detailed specifications. Document the code, and write meaningful articles in our project tracking tool Jira
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle. The developer should be aware of all the weaknesses on the project analysis, and propose amendments, changes, or further research on the issues found.
- Follow industry best practices. Ensure the quality of the delivered code, by following the industry standards, and committing to excellence on every deliverable.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary. Review and extend existing tools, platforms, applications or scripts already in place
- Building applications and tools, to automate processes, data reporting and other custom needs.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- The web developer needs to proactively look for ways to improve the performance of the existing code, find bottlenecks, performance degradation, and propose solutions to tackle those issues.
- Proficient in back tracing errors or bugs, with little or no documentation, adding logging, finding patterns and finding the origin of the problem.
- Be creative and open minded to explore new technologies, or programming languages.
- Accountable for the quality of the code delivered, modifying or extending the original functionality to meet customer needs.
About Affinity Staffing:
- Post-Secondary degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems or Software Engineering.
- 4+ years of related work experience.
- Organized, motivated and self-directed with good time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as both a member of a team and independently.
- Experience with Laravel as a PHP 7 framework
- Good understanding of webserver infrastructure and systems.
Affinity Staffing is a full-service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit www.affinitystaffing.ca