On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking an experienced Oracle Developer to join their team for an 18 month contract. This position is located in Victoria, BC and does have some schedule flexibility.
- Under general supervision, designs, develops, codes, tests, and documents new software or enhancements to existing software fixes;
- Designs data structures to support application designs according to standards and assists with formulating system scope and objectives to develop or modify moderately complex information systems;
- Writes technical proposals, manuals and reports;
- Provides second and third tier application support such as SmartStaff (Scheduling System), Time Collection;
- Provides application support to maintain correct and responsive application functionality and integration;
- Assists in diagnosing and correcting problems related to infrastructure and databases;
- Under general supervision, writes program specifications, based on information provided from Business Analysts or Customers.
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle eBusiness Suites r12.1.3 for HR/Payroll/Finance/Procurement domains;
- Knowledge of phases of the systems development life cycle and its effective application to a variety of projects ranging from small and simple to complex;
- Knowledge and experience with (PL/SQL, Java) and utilities (Toad, jDeveloper), including web development tools;
- Ability to produce technical designs of modules and subsystems consistent with the business requirements
- Considerable knowledge to efficiently analyse customer needs, organize information, identify key factors, create concise and relevant reports of requirements and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Competent in usage of Structured Query Language (SQL) for Oracle Database including data definition language(DDL) Should be advanced enough to be able to accurately predict results of statements as well as understand potential problems regarding index usage and query optimization
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Ability to work within a complex environment where priorities often compete and change;
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other team members including Application functional/technical Analyst and Application Administrators
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long-term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit.