On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking an experienced Systems Analyst with experience in Mobile Development to join their team for a 6 month contract to start. This position is located in Victoria, BC.
- Acts as senior team member developing comprehensive project requirements and plans.
- Develop technology plans through interfacing with customers, participate in architectural reviews, and develop complex system designs.
- Provide technical consultation to clients and divisional staff to mature the business relationships and resolve complex technical issues.
- Provide technical leadership for the delivery of medium to large scale projects, and lead solution development through to implementation.
- Hands on team member being able to create user stories and test cases, and also application development.
- Initiates and completes analysis and design for ongoing business improvement through the enhancement of the corporate enterprise system applications.
- Leads sessions with team members and business community to identify business needs.
- Liaises with clients to keep them informed of progress and responds to questions as required.
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, develop internal controls to mitigate risk, and recommend technology solutions to improve systems governance.
- Lead technical engagements with product vendors, systems integrators, and, lead the development of technology solutions through to implementation
- Experience supporting application development teams through all phases from design and development to production sustainment and support.
- Experience in projects and teams management utilizing methodologies and techniques like Scrum, Disciplined Agile and Kanban. Developing project requirements, scope, plans and budget.
- Experience on business requirements analysis, conducting workflow and data analysis in order to develop and/or support recommendations on integrated business/systems solutions.
- Working experience with complex system testing and test automation tools, involving internal and external parties, and technologies, such as: web Services, ESB, SAP, and Main Frame.
- Working on medium and large projects with knowledge and understanding of enterprise technologies such SOA, Identity Management and Portal Services.
- Knowledge of Mainframe Systems, Data Warehouse, Content Management and Master Data Management will be an asset.
- Working experience with using application development technology and environments such as Mobile Application, Java and .NET development, Active Directory, SoapUI and REST services, Oracle, and PL/SQL.
- Working experience with system testing methodologies and techniques on the different testing phases including unit test, functional test, integration test and test automation.
- Working within a complex environment and understanding the implications of regulatory requirements for security and audit as it pertains to Driver Licensing Partners Program technology solutions will be an asset.
- Working with technology-based tools or methodologies including JIRA, SVN, ISPW, ITIL, SDLC, Agile to review, design, and/or implement products and services.
- Building strong working relationship and influence decisions with product vendors, consulting partners, clients and stakeholders.
- As a senior team member it is also important to demonstrate soft skills in past projects, such as:
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to take verbal definitions and requirements, set up a project, define a plan and work with a team to delivery.
- Consistently exhibits strong behaviors to support, reinforce and sustain effective change implementation, motivates and inspires by being an effective change agent.
- Assists others' development through coaching and timely, actionable feedback, recognizes individual and team accomplishments.
- Models and encourages teamwork; recognizes, uses, and develops the unique strengths of others.
- Considers interdependencies and impacts of decisions; analyzes multiple sources of information and perspectives, balancing short-term and long-term objectives.
- Explores and supports new ideas to improve business processes, shows courage to challenge the status quo.
- Takes the appropriate action to achieve desired outcomes and collaborate with others; demonstrates an understanding of the relationship between personal performance and those of others.
- Focuses on business goals and priorities, helps others take action and deliver results under challenging circumstances.
- Maintains positive relationships and resolves conflict constructively.
- Makes timely, sound, and calculated decisions, taking into considerations team/corporate objectives; consults and informs others.
- Applies procedures, processes, and utilizes tools effectively; participates in their development and identifies opportunities to make improvements.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit.