You will be instrumental in creating a brand-new engineering team to develop and maintain a booking engine, loyalty program, and the associated websites/apps for a chain of hotels and restaurants. Although we are a large organization, this team will be more akin to working in a smaller tech start-up, but with a small set of dedicated customers which are our hospitality brands.
The areas of research and development will include aspects of digital marketing (including websites, loyalty, personalization, analytics), dynamic pricing, and a high-performance booking engine with integrations into various travel channel partners.
The initial hires on our team will be experienced senior developers, who will take ownership of the application and code. It is likely that these roles will evolve into leadership positions, with each operating smaller teams that focus on a particular area of the application. However, for the first few months, the environment will be flat as we gain perspective on the current technology and how to best move it forward.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Design experiments to evaluate alternatives and new technologies
- Understand both the technical direction and business objectives
- Communicate in both technical and layman's terms
- Participate in code reviews, best practice coding standards
- Be open to learn from the team as much as you are there to help others learn
- Be smart, kind and respectful
Top Skills Necessary
- Experience designing and building API services with Express
- Writing unit tests with tools such as Mocha, Sinon, and Chai
- Experience with non-SQL databases such as RethinkDB, and DynamoDB and ORM like js-data, mongoose, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with CI/CD
- Good understanding of cloud concepts, in particular AWS
- AngularJS expertise
- ReactJS experience
- CSS3 (including pre- and post-processors)
Nice to have
- 5+ years of experience using frameworks such as Node, React or Angular to build Single Page Applications
- 3+ years of experience completing projects that included API design, data model design, naming, and decomposing monoliths into microservices.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team including conducting code reviews and mentorship sessions.
- Experience with AWS platform
- Competency in serverless architecture/AWS Lambda
- Design skills and/or the ability to take a design to code
- Experience with client-side web development using AngularJS, and React
- Competitive candidates will have experience in some of the following: RESTful API designs, Java EE, Spring framework, Auth0, and JWT