On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking an experience Business Analyst/Project Manager to join their team on a permanent, full time basis. This position is located in Victoria, BC so the incumbent must be local or readily able to move for the position.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Work closely with the business and customers to elicit and analyze requirements and document them in Business Requirement documents;
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful minutes and reports;
- Work closely with business owners, business users and technical team members;
- Lead joint application design sessions and document functional design specs;
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and business stakeholders.
- Regularly synchronize with business stakeholders to ensure the most urgent and highest value work is receiving attention by the Development team;
- Assist in gaining user acceptance testing approvals from the business and/or at times engaging directly in user acceptance testing;
- Propose and gain signoff on target content for the weekly release cadence;
- Ensure that the release notes are well communicated in advance to the business stakeholders for further communication to the field representatives;
- Co-ordinate and quarterback all release activities to ensure they occur on a weekly cadence with high quality and a minimum of disruption.
- 5 years project management/business analysis in an agile environment
- 3+ years working closely with IT development teams
- Experience facilitating sprint reviews and product backlog grooming; prioritizing initiatives based on business needs,
- Experience developing user stories that directly support the primary objective of the project and are appropriate size for iterative development;
- Assist Project Management by providing guidance on implementation prioritization and when to release features;
- Work with JIRA ticket tracking and agile planning/tracking tool experience strongly preferred;
- Confluence expertise an asset or other tools for Agile teams.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long-term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.