On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently looking for 3 Critical Facilities Operators to join their team at a fortune 500 Company. Reporting to the Manager, Critical Facility Operations-Data Centre, the Critical Facilities Operator - Data Centre is responsible for operating, monitoring, and maintaining the operations of a highly complex, mission critical, data centre facility whose failure would have a major impact on the operation of the bank due to loss of revenue and reputation.
Resolves complex electrical, mechanical, and other infrastructure equipment and system issues on a rotating shift basis to ensure maximum availability, reliability, and efficiency of critical facilities operations. Provides first response to facility emergency situations and incidents. Coaches, mentors, and trains critical facility operators in training and provides guidance to service providers. Provides subject matter expertise in a technical/trade area(s) acting as a resource to other staff in the resolution of more complex operating issues. Ensures facility operations are in compliance with practices, policies, and procedures, and all applicable codes, standards, and regulations in order to mitigate risk.
- Monitors, operates, maintains, and repairs electrical, mechanical, and other complex infrastructure equipment and systems, with responsibility for the operations of an assigned critical facility data centre on a rotating shift basis to ensure maximum availability, reliability, and efficiency.
- Ensures the reliable operation of all critical facility infrastructure support systems including electrical and mechanical systems, uninterrupted power supply (UPS), emergency power generators, hydro power, HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), fire detection and suppression, electrical power monitoring system, and building automation systems to fulfil mandated uptime commitment.
- Monitors all infrastructure support equipment and system performance through building automation systems and physical inspections, identifies issues, performs minor repairs, documents work, and engages appropriate internal or service provider resources, as required, to resolve issues in order to mitigate support failure and interruption to bank operations.
- Provides subject matter expertise in a specialized technical/trade area(s), acting as a resource to other staff at assigned facility in addition to multi-purpose facilities in the resolution of more complex operating issues.
- Identifies, investigates, and troubleshoots minor and major system and equipment issues and determines cause(s) utilizing thorough understanding of integrated mechanical and electrical operations and equipment.
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance activities for complex equipment in highly sensitive environments.
- Provides first response to facility emergency situations and incidents and ensures communication to management and key stakeholders.
- Guides, monitors, and coordinates work conducted by service and utility providers, providing direction on work procedures and ensuring mitigation of adverse impact to facility operations.
- Provides support and technical assistance to multi-purpose facilities on the resolution of more complex issues.
- Analyzes service delivery performance and production processes and procedures, in order to assess performance, and develop cost effective recommendations to increase operational effectiveness.
- Participates in the planning, testing, and implementation of new systems, services, and processes as a project team member.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, guidance, and training to critical facility operators in training at assigned facility.
- Works with Engineers on equipment addition, upgrade, and replacement projects teams providing input from an implementation and operational maintenance perspective.
- Ensures adherence to critical facility operations management processes, practices, and procedures.
- Responds to building occupant requests and concerns and resolves facility issues.
- Provides back-up support for team members and manager.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Ensures thorough understanding and compliance with all applicable codes, standards, regulations, and safety precautions.
- Reviews procedural, maintenance and training data, as required, to ensure familiarity with existing and new mechanical and electrical systems.
- Inspects all equipment and systems, according to recommended schedules to ensure the reliable operation of systems and equipment.
- Provides guidance and oversight to technical staff and service providers for maintenance activities to ensure compliance with Bank, regulatory and industry standards, policies, procedures, and controls, and ensures their work does not adversely impact the reliable operation of the facilities.
- Conducts risk assessments to identify potential risk situations, and develops and provides recommendations to the manager in order to mitigate risk.
- Monitors production logs and schedules to ensure key controls are followed and exceptions are actively pursued, escalating issues to the manager as appropriate.
- Completion of a technical college/trades diploma, in data, electrical, mechanical, refrigeration, heating, ventilation, or air conditioning (HVAC) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible critical facilities operations experience including experience operating a sophisticated business critical mechanical and electrical data centre environment.
- Completion of industry professional certification from Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI) or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of critical facility data centre infrastructure support systems including electrical and mechanical systems, uninterrupted power supply (UPS), emergency power generators, hydro power, HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), fire detection and suppression, electrical power monitoring system, and building automation systems.
- Specialized knowledge of building science, with emphasis on operation and maintenance of highly complex mechanical, electrical, fire, and security systems.
- Solid understanding of risk and regulatory requirements including building operations, maintenance and emergency codes, regulations and life safety bylaws.
- Experience monitoring and guiding service providers.
- Knowledge of process and project management principles.
- Working knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the facility.
- Understanding of internal business partner’s business, services and organization.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills in order to analyze, diagnose, and resolve complex mechanical, electrical, and control systems equipment operational issues.
- Ability to operate facility systems both with the aid of automated control systems and manually in response to system failures.
- Vigilance and strong attention to detail in order to monitor systems, equipment, and information and identify discrepancies and issues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaborative, relationship management, and customer services skills.
- Strong planning and organizing skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good coaching, mentoring, and training skills.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca