On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking an Infrastructure Specialist to join their team on a permanent full time basis. This position is located in Nanaimo, BC so any interested applicants must be willing to relocate.
- Create, Design, Install and maintain Windows Active Directory infrastructure including Azure Active Directory, Azure FS, Intune and other Microsoft based platforms both internally and external clients
- Perform various tasks with Microsoft support in relation to our Partner program.
- Maintain certifications and participate in training sessions, forums and seminars as they relate to your role and the company's strategic direction.
- Pre-sales in support of acquiring new business.
- Provide managed services support including patching, asset management & licensing.
- Provide end-user support for any technical questions, resolution, and support for all operating systems
- Support internal network & VPN using Cisco routers and switches & Sophos hardware.
- Contribute to the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning including backups, failover, high availability infrastructure and hybrid public and private cloud
- Coordinate, prioritize, and facilitate Service desk requests following published SLA’s/SLO’s
- The ability to work outside normal business hours in support of upgrades and changes
- Minimum of five years of experience in a Windows Server role or equivalent.
- Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of Windows Active Directory
- MCSA/MCSE certifications.
- Experience with configuring and support of Microsoft Azure and Office 365 including an Exchange tenant
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience in architecting and creating cloud infrastructure-as-a-service solutions
- Experience with SQL Server
- Hands-on experience with deploying virtualized solutions (HyperV), vmWare
- Experience using and configuring SCCM, Intune, Autopilot
- Firewall experience with products such as Sophos & Cisco
- BDR & BCP experience & best practices
- Experience working in consulting environments and managing multiple deadlines and client interaction
- Experience with Veeam or Datto software
- Knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security
- A strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making ability
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Any or all of MCSA/MCSE, Network+, CCNA certifications
- Valid BC Driver’s License
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long-term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.