The Platform Specialist 3 maintains and implements technical solutions and conducts significant troubleshooting initiatives.
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 5 - 8 years relevant experience in a large-scale IT environment.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of IT operations, processes, and of applicable infrastructure deployments, Linux, web applications. Advanced expertise in best practices related to infrastructure orchestration and maintenance, system administration and documentation.
- Well developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Ability to provide technical leadership, and work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of operating and supporting Web Based Applications is required.
- Advanced knowledge of Java Application Servers (i.e. Tomcat & Jetty) is required.
- Experience in monitoring / reporting tools (i.e. Dynatrace, JMX, Zenoss, etc.).
- Experience with SQL Servers (i.e. MS SQL, MySQL, etc.) is required
- Experience with executing complex SQL Queries recommended
- Experience with Java Development processes. (i.e. Git Flow)
- Experience with large scale micro-service deployments.
- Familiarity with Spring Boot / Spring Cloud recommended
- Familiarity with Netflix Zuul and Eurika recommended
- Experience with supporting/Tracing Web Services (i.e. Rest, JSON, XML, etc.)
- Experience with supporting/Tracing MQ (i.e. Queues, Topics, Camel, JMS, etc.)
- Experience with Supporting & Orchestrating cloud Architectures (i.e. AWS, Google, Azure).
- Strong Unix scripting skills required.
- Good understanding of Problem, Incident and Change Management (ITIL Certification is preferred)
- Good understanding of network layers and communications.
- Advanced knowledge of network tracing (i.e. tcpdump, wireshark, ethereal) is required
- Experience operating a Software as a Service environment is preferred
- Experience working with and managing Docker Containers.
- Experience with and a good understanding of Kubernetes
- Experience writing CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins required.
- Ensures all incidents are triaged, responded to and resolved in accordance with established standards and agreements and ensures Client Support is kept up-to-date as to the status of any incident
- Troubleshoots and resolves the more complex infrastructure incidents and system disruptions
- Assesses internal tools and processes failing to work as designed and develops and implements solutions
- Monitors health, availability and performance of the system on a weekly and monthly basis and assesses availability and performance trends; develops and implements complex system and application level monitoring tools and verifies that service levels are being met and communicated to customers
- Analyses the more complex infrastructure change requests, conducts cost – benefit analyses of multiple options, recommends cost effective solutions, and coordinates change requests requiring re-configuration or development, liaising with technical teams to ensure completed in accordance with timeline
- Maintain a high level of quality and attention to detail, ensures all changes are implemented into production and do not generate any foreseeable incidents.
- Develops solutions to improve system performance, management and monitoring.
- Contribute to peer design reviews for proposed new solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively with business representatives and external customers to document and create solutions, identify and communicate the benefits of different solutions and empower the business or customer to make educated decisions.
- Able to communicate effectively with development, systems or infrastructure resources on issues impacting application management. Able to work collaboratively with development, systems or infrastructure resources on new solutions.
- Makes presentations regarding new directions for technologies and provides technical guidance to more junior staff in the resolution of application and infrastructure issues
- Maintains current knowledge of our family of products, application functionality and the high level architecture of Central’s hosting environment
- Maintains/Owns Architectural documentation pertaining to the platform.
- Diagnose and action complex infrastructure problems related to the application platform.
- Develop and manage Development CI/CD pipelines to enhance the release process and improve overall efficiencies for Development teams.
- Manage and improve our platform tools and processes.
- Improve processes and tools based on cloud technology.
- Performs other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support business goals
The incumbent reports to a Team Lead or Section Manager who oversees activities, monitors progress and evaluates results. A Technical DevOps Chapter Lead will provide technical mentor ship and guidance. The incumbent is expected to function either in independent fashion with minimal supervision for the majority of tasks.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.