On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking a .net Developer (Derivatives) to join their team for a fortune 500 Company.
Key Accountabilities of this role are::
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers
- Decomposes business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommends / decides on appropriate designs
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery
- Conceives and writes detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets, use the enterprise monitoring/logging, require minimal to zero maintenance and are aligned with architectural patterns and technology strategy
- Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrates technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Supports production issues, including Independently completes root-cause analysis and diagnosis
- Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security).
- Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, aligns with architecture and promotes the development of common assets.
- Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve processes & systems.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes, including managing small projects to completion, as required to deliver business objectives
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability within the business, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Generally 4-7 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Experience with back office trading platforms is an asset.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight
- Understands core business processes and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., transformation, smart core, dev ops)
- Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes
- Understands functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca