On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer
to join the team on a contract or contract-to-hire basis.
- Develop cloud-based applications and large-scale platform with high throughput and reliability
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaption process
- Contribute to several applications and modules starting from data ingestion, distributed computing, near real time analytic engines, real time databases, RESTful APIs, CLIs and user interface
- Continuously drive improvements in areas like performance, automation, quality, monitoring and reliability of applications
- Work closely with our security team to implement and monitor our cloud security policies
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 4+ years’ experience in designing, building and managing large scale platform or distributed systems (AWS experience preferred)
- Programming experience in python (minimum 3 years)
- Familiarity with DC/OS
- Should be well verse with software development methodologies like Agile
- Prior experience with at-least some of the following distributed computing frameworks and tech stack like Docker, Spark, Zookeeper, Kafka, and Hadoop
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca