On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking an Operations engineer. You will be expected to work with your Product Stream to help prioritize defects or enhancements and be heavily engaged in the design of new applications and features to ensure they are supportable and scalable in production.
- Lead the creation of automation and deployments pipelines for applications to all environments
- Implement monitoring of new applications in production, while utilizing the latest technologies and following DevOps best practices for auto healing and alert fatigue
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex issues for Product Streams and help support applications in all environments
- Research and stay up to date with DevOps best practices for CI/CD and Site Reliability
- Continually reviewing new technology that can be implemented
- Help create policies and processes that define the responsibilities of the DevOps Operations Engineer within our DevOps culture
- Lead the implementation of performance engineering best practices within your Product Stream and assisting in performance improvements to improve site reliabilitly
- Provide leadership to the Operations Team for all applications related to your area of expertise
- Lead the training of the Operations Team for new applications coming from your Product Stream
- Assist in the investigation of complex production defects
- Participate in the creation of production best practices
- 5+ years of experience in IT Support or Server Administration, primarily related to web applications
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server and Enterprise Linux Platforms
- 3+ years of experience working with DevOps practices such as CI/CD, automation and real-time monitoring
- 3+ years of experience developing Java/C# applications
- Solid command over scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash or PowerShell
- Design experience of modern cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS etc.
- Experience in latest DevOps technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, ANsible, Jenkins, APM
- A certificate in any platform or application (MSCA, RHCSA, CCNA, etc.) an asset
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.