On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a Lead Java Developer / Architect to join our client on a full-time basis.
We are committed to harnessing information and technology to compete in the national marketplace. Our goal is to transcend our category, inspiring a spirit of continuous innovation to go from best in class to a class of our own. We are relentless in ensuring that we have the right structure, systems, processes and resources to ensure the disciplined execution required to reliably exceed our goals.
We need people who are looking to contribute to building a sustainable and strong software delivery practice. If you share our values, and are loyal, goal-oriented, hardworking and a committed performer, be a part of Canada’s leading delivery/takeout chain, known for unrivalled character, execution, service, consistency and reliability.
We are designing the new future of software technology and looking for those who are looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact at a local Canadian company. An ideal candidate will have the technical and entrepreneurial spirit, get it done and get it done right attitude, be open minded and innovative, as well as reliable, hard-working and team-oriented including working well with people!
Desirable Expertise and Experience
- Java enterprise web application development using REST services, Tomcat, SQL, No-SQL, Kafka, Elastic Search, event-driven micro-services architecture, advanced design patterns and frameworks
- Software development tools including IntelliJ, GitHub, Gradle, Jira, Bamboo/Teamcity/Jenkins.
- Flexible approach and ability of working within Linux, Windows and Mac/OS development environments
- Solid understanding of high-performance scalable systems
- Agile and iterative development methodologies
- AWS or other cloud experience including Terraform/Cloud Formation would be an asset
- Product testing strategies including automation, performance and functional testing
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a variety of software development aspects
- Excellent language as well as business and technical communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks fast and with high quality.
Work location will be Burnaby (next to Gilmore Station) until August, then New Westminster (next to New West Station).