On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team on a permanent full-time basis.
We are committed to harnessing information and technology to compete in the national marketplace. Our goal is to transcend our category, inspiring a spirit of continuous innovation to go from best in class to a class of our own. We are relentless in ensuring that we have the right structure, systems, processes and resources to ensure the disciplined execution required to reliably exceed our goals.
We need people who are looking to contribute to building a sustainable and strong software delivery practice. If you share our values, and are loyal, goal-oriented, hardworking and a committed performer, be a part of Canada’s leading delivery/takeout chain, known for unrivalled character, execution, service, consistency and reliability.
We are designing the new future of software technology and looking for people that are interested in the unique opportunity to make a significant impact at a local Canadian company. An ideal candidate will have the technical and entrepreneurial spirit, get it done and get it done right attitude, be open minded and innovative, as well as reliable, hard-working and team-oriented including working well with people!
Desired expertise and experience
- Software configuration management in an environment using tools like Eclipse, IntelliJ, GitHub, Bitbucket, Gradle, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Packer, Terraform, Cloud Formation, Artifactory, TeamCity, Bamboo.
- Building and managing development and production environments using in AWS including EC2, API Gateway, Lambda, VPC, Route 53, S3, API Gateway, SNS, IAM, Certificates, etc.;
- Working with system components including Linux, Windows, Tomcat, Nginx, Zookeeper, Kafka, Elastic Search, SNS, S3, Elastic Search, RDS, Aurora, Dynamo;
- Java enterprise web application development using Java 8+, RxJava, REST services, Tomcat, Spring, No-SQL (Couchbase, MongoDB), Kafka, event-driven micro-services architecture, advanced design patterns and frameworks
- Expert understanding of high-performance scalable systems
- Product testing strategies including automation, performance and functional testing
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a variety of technologies, processes and practices.
- Additional 5 years' experience in Java development a strong asset.
- Excellent language as well as business and technical communication skills
Work location will be Burnaby (next to Gilmore Station) until August, then New Westminster (next to New West Station).