The Infrastructure Analyst
works closely with the rest of the Infrastructure team including other network specialists, system administrators, database administrators, desktop analysts and will be responsible for providing tier 3 support. Strong Windows System Administration skills will be required and the ability to work with, lead and mentor Tier 1/2 Support personnel will be a constant. Previous experience in network upgrades, change planning, project implementation, process improvement, technical documentation, and operational tier 3 support.
The Infrastructure Analyst will also help to identify areas for improvement for the company’s networking, virtual infrastructure; will provide technical support on Windows server deployments, and the Microsoft Suite of products. In addition, you will participate and help plan and deliver major system changes, provide recommendations and research new technologies.
The Infrastructure Analyst will provide third level support for Windows systems and applications.
The successful candidate will be a passionate problem solver who can also plan, analyze, and resolve business challenges and stay within budget, and is comfortable with peer and supervisory feedback. You must possess a desire to learn and adopt new processes for continual improvement and to keep abreast of new technologies. You must be able to lead by example and build upon existing teamwork within the support group.
In summary, the Infrastructure Analyst provides a broad range of customer support services to all of our employees and offices including but not limited to:
Education and Experience:
- Cloud Computing and MS Azure / Office 365
- Wide Area & LAN Network Administration
- Windows Server Administration
- System Security Controls
- Firewall Administration
- Network & System Design
- Data Communications
- Technology Evaluation and Business Case Development
- Troubleshooting & Diagnostics
Skills, knowledge and Required Competencies:
- 5+ years’ experience supporting in an enterprise IT Infrastructure space
- Post-secondary education in computer science or a related discipline
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and very strong customer service skills and experience
- Tier 3 customer support
- Lead and mentor Tier 1 / 2 Desktop Support Personnel
- Maintaining contact with external organizations for the maintenance, service and/or purchase of network equipment
- Strong project management experience and proven problem-solving capabilities
- Experience recommending, implementing and ensuring adherence to network, security and hardware configuration policies and standards
- Evaluating relevant vendor products and recommending purchases consistent with short and long term objectives of the company
- Exposure to Forestry or Industry Related experience is highly desirable.
- Windows 2008-2016 Server deployment experience
- Office 365 / Azure knowledge and implementation experience
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) expertise
- Experience implementing one or more of the following Citrix, VMware, Firewalls, Routing, Microsoft products, etc.
- Previous experience with Virtual Storage – VSAN, EqualLogic or NetApp etc.
- Hyper converged infrastructure experience
- Cisco Network Routing & VPN Connectivity Expertise
- Firewall & Network Security Expertise