As part of our Digital Application team, the Programmer Analyst designs, develops and supports a variety of applications ranging from web front-end to APIs and middleware integration.
What you’ll get to do:
Top Skills Necessary
- Develop and support a best-in-class external-facing API layer for application integration
- Using an Enterprise Service Bus architectural model, define systems integrations including integration, APIs, and dataflow designs
- Lead API development using a combination of: Java, JBoss, JSON, XML, Queues (JMS, MSMQ, Active MQ), RAML
- Implement CI/CD best practices in the use of: AWS, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, MUnit, JMeter
- Create API Functional specifications and technical detailed design
- Perform API design and code reviews
- Create build artifacts using GitHub, Maven, MUnit,
- Develop unit testing artifacts using Postman and SoapUI
- Business Acumen Develop/possess an understanding of business processes in the banking industry
- Leadership Provide technical leadership in the area of integration development
- Jointly responsible with the Quality Assurance team to ensure systems are appropriately tested and meets requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise to support decision making on projects’ scope based on priority, business value and development resources
Who are we looking for?
- 5 years of experience using Java and Spring Frameworks
- 3 years of experience with API development including defining and applying API management best practices.
- Solid web development experience, HTML5, CSS, JS6, MVC frameworks
- Solid experience with Oracle or MS SQL databases with the ability to design scalable database schemas
- Solid experience with TDD and unit testing frameworks
- Solid experience in API development including defining and applying API management best practices with a cloud first approach using a combination of: Java, JBoss, JSON, XML, Queues (JMS, MSMQ, Active MQ), RAML
- Good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices
Implement CI/CD best practices using: AWS, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, MUnit, JMeter
- Expert knowledge in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to manage and prioritize a complex workload with minimal supervision.
- Advanced knowledge of and adherence to Software Development Life Cycle methodology.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write comprehensive technical documentation and coach or influence others.
- Ability to travel between Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland offices occasionally