On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking a Smart Building Consultant. This position is for a person who is interested in working alongside industry experts and growing in the context of world-class projects and programs. Team leadership and client engagement skills are a key, since this position will have a heavy component of assessing client needs, educating the client on possibilities, helping them make informed decisions that will benefit their business. We are pushing the boundaries with helping our clients become data driven in how they plan, design, implement, and operate their facilities – and we need your help to continue to grow our industry-leading position
Specific Qualifications or Desired Required:
- A strong base in their understanding of how buildings are designed, built, and operated. Deep design skills in at least one design discipline, preferably a low voltage system or mechanical/electrical design experience. As part of this background, experience working with architects, engineers, specialty consultants, and clients is expected.
- Industry certifications commensurate with the role, such as RCDD, LEED, ITIL, etc.
- Understanding of building controls systems and design approach, or similar IoT background.
- Experience with the AIA design and construction cycle (SD/DD/CD/CA)
- Familiarity with / able to use design tools such as CAD and Revit, and to lead teams that utilize these tools.
- A history of project work that spans planning, design, implementation, and successful handoff to clients.
- Able to consult based upon their broad experience in IT systems/software, telecommunications, low voltage systems such as audiovisual and security, network/WiFi, IoT sensors, BMS/controls, and the integration of these to provide “smart” capabilities in the built environment.
- Capable in Project Management.
- Experience with leading design and consulting teams against a defined scope of work, schedule and budget.
- Strong client-facing skills, including business acumen, face-to-face communications, presentation experience, SOW development, report writing, and negotiating.
- Familiarity with major systems manufacturers and their product lines.
- Be a fast learner, self-motivated to learn new processes and meticulously track progress
- Minimum of 8 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Action oriented and collaborative; works well independently or as part of a team
- Ability to track work performed in detail in collaboration with others
- Ability to empathize and collaborate with non-technical partners
- Ability to evaluate own workload and that of supporting team to prioritize work with multiple deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, architects, engineers, contractors and other team members
- Familiar and experienced in working with Microsoft Office products, including Visio, Project, and One Note
- Experience in Revit MEP, AutoCAD, and BlueBeam as well as delivering technology consulting projects in BIM a plus
- Willingness to travel on a somewhat frequent basis to deliver world-leading projects
- Interest in multi-discipline work, to collaborate with Arup’s global team in planning, design, and consulting for our clients
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca