On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a full-time Software Engineer. In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop high-profile elements of our client's product architecture. Building systems at scale and deliver business-impacting projects. If you want to look back on your career and know you have played a vital role in supporting your clients’ success, this role is for you.
- Application and infrastructure design, from concept through development and implementation.
- Data modeling, business logic, distributed processing to service messaging, system insights, data diagnostics, and beyond.
- In this role, you will:
- Design and implement critical cloud-enabled front-ends and/or services & libraries .
- Build front-ends and/or server & systems that leverage Amazon AWS platform offerings.
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews.
- Evangelize best practices in cloud computing and end-to-end architecture.
- Support a continuous integration environment with automated testing.
- Help build our growing development knowledge base.
- Help others around you grow as developers and be successful.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges, fearless about asking questions when you don’t know the answers, and capable of managing your own time.
- A self-starter, proactive, organized and interested to work in a highly cross functional environment and provide creative solutions to remove roadblocks.
- To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Experience in any modern programming language.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An open mind, always learning.
- Familiarity with programming languages like Node.js, Golang, Scala, or similar.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS platform specific offerings such as EC2, API Gateway, RDS, S3.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca