On behalf of our client, Affinity is looking for a Project Manager for an ERP upgrade, this position will focus on initiating, planning and executing information technology projects ensuring upgrade delivered on time, on budget and on spec. The Project Manager will report to the PMO Manager and liaise with multiple key stakeholders, while working closely with the Information Technology Team as well as multiple business departments across the organization
This role provides project management services from initiating through to closing, including the creation of project charters, budgets, requirements, design, build and test plans, project management plans, executing the project plan, tracking and reporting on projects and closing projects. The project manager also oversees quality control throughout the project lifecycle.
This role could be based in Vancouver or Toronto and may require travel.
What you will do:
- Create project charters and all corresponding project management artifacts from initiation to closure
- Assemble detailed project plans
- Track key project milestones, budget, resource availability and adjust project plans and/or resources
- Manage teamwork assignments, direct and monitor work efforts, identify resource needs, perform quality review; and escalate functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately.
- Negotiate with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel to work on the project and where necessary, determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that are impacted by the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Assist IT leadership in partnering with senior business management to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Conduct project reviews and create recommendations to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- University Degree or college diploma in Information Technology or another related field
- Project Management Institute PMP certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum
- ITIL Foundation or higher certification is desirable
Top Skills Necessary
- Background in application development or support with three or more years of operational experience in a hands-on capacity
- Project Management experience developing custom applications
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity
- Project Management Experience with ERP solutions such as JD Edwards, MRI, Yardi is desired
- Experience with SharePoint is desirable
- 5 years Project Management experience (creating charters, defining scope, budgeting projects, scheduling teams)
- 3 years of professional experience implementing or upgrading new SaaS and on-premise applications
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques