Under the direction of the Manager, the Senior Application Support Analyst is responsible for day-to-day second level support of third-party applications for all areas of the firm. The Application Support Analyst will develop test strategies based on business and functional requirements and execute functional and system test plans as required for commercial software and provide support to the business for user acceptance testing.
Specifically you will:
Top Skills Necessary
- Answer application inquiries and complex how-to questions escalated from the IT support desk or business units
- Research issues involving application integration points, data integrity and connectivity failures
- Coordinate with various internal teams/departments when providing support
- Assist with application administration duties, including system configuration/maintenance, identity and access management
- Documents processes, application systems and IT operational procedures in cooperation with third-party vendors, where applicable
- Work with the development team and/or commercial software vendor to resolve issues and defects during testing;
- Records, tracks and documents the problems and issues to key stakeholders
- Makes recommendations for support process improvement and implements changes
- Holds regular meetings with stakeholders
- Support and assist the business during creation and execution or user acceptance testing;
- Other duties as assigned;
- 3 – 5 years of experience completing root cause analysis, troubleshooting and provide fixes of applications, both inhouse and 3rd party, in an enterprise environment
- 3 – 5 years of experience liaising with 3rd party vendors, managing those relationships with vendors and their internal development/support teams.
- 3 – 5 years of experience supporting users throughout lifecycle from 1st contact to resolution.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
- Post-secondary education, or commensurate qualifications and/or experience;
- 3 years of related financial services experience with a strong analytical background;
- Experience in system functional testing, defect management and resolution, and using testing tools is an asset;
- An ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies and business knowledge;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Customer service training is highly desirable;
- A keen attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills;
- An ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a professional and friendly manner;
- An ability to prioritize and effectively manage time.