We’re looking for a highly skilled and motivated Business Analyst
to join our team for a one-year maternity leave replacement. You have a unique blend of exceptional analytical & documentation and the ability to Interact professionally with diverse groups of stakeholders including executives, managers, developers, testers, consultants, end users, and subject matter experts.
We are engaged in a wide variety of projects developing productivity-enhancing, disrupting and innovative technologies in the property and real estate industry. As a Business Analyst you will help make these projects a reality by engaging business stakeholders to elicit business requirements, specify User Stories and participate in solution design. You are constantly curious, always looking to learn and increase your knowledge, able to think creatively and come up with solutions delighting stakeholders.
What you’ll get to do:
- Gather information, conduct research, and document business needs
- Facilitate discussions between IT, consulting teams, and business owners to clarify requirements or their implementation
- Translate business needs into User Stories with clear measurable outcomes and acceptance criteria
- Support the Product Owner and engage with internal teams to clarify requirements and prioritize them for development
- Comfortable working on multiple features, roll-outs, or enhancement projects of varying size and complexity, with conflicting deadlines in a team environment
- Experience working in the agile software development methodology, with a technical or financial background considered an asset
- Respected as a collaborative partner who cultivates positive relationships and influences others, including senior leaders
- Produce, edit, and maintain business requirements and detailed technical documentation including:
- User Stories
- Software Release Notes
- User Guides
- Online Help
- Knowledgebase & FAQs
Who are we looking for?
What you bring
- Maintain and communicate requirements throughout the development life cycle including appropriate change control updates as approved.
- Liaison between development, QA testing, and Business Acceptance testing to ensure implementation accuracy reflects the approved business requirements
- Interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, developers, testers, consultants, end users, and subject matter experts.
What success looks like
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Analysis, Business, Economics, Computer Science or a related discipline. Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP), or PMI-Professional in Business Analysis or similar is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Microsoft tools incl. Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Minimum of 3 years’ business analysis experience
- Bonus skills and experience
- Experience across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Agile software development methods preferred
- Experience within the Finance or Commercial Real Estate industry preferred.
- You will successfully deliver User Stories for multiple projects
- You will form an outstanding collaborative working relationships with the business stakeholders, developers and support teams.
- You will effectively communicate with key stakeholders and understand the business needs
- You will be agile and flexible and be willing to bring new ideas to the table