On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to add to the success of our client's IT Engineering team. In this role you will be join one of Vancouver's industry leading Fintech companies during a very exciting time of growth. Our client has proudly created a global product that integrates with the worlds largest online businesses. You will be working for an organisation that is innovative, customer driven and fast paced, utilising the latest technology and remaining at the forefront of product development.
- Work as part of a high performing engineering team to deliver complete, high-quality, end-to-end solutions
- Work collaboratively with other Software Engineers, DevOps, QA and Product to expand stories into tasks, and work on implementing features and fixing issues based on a planned Software Release Management process
- Based on user story acceptance criteria, work with the team to design a scalable, robust, and reusable solution to that story
- Document and communicate designs to others on the team
- Contribute to guidelines and coding standards used for building reusable application components that are easy to maintain, troubleshoot, and test
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
- Provide technical input into product road maps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
- Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Monitors, escalates and resolves systems issues
- Mentor more junior staff as required
About Affinity Staffing:
- BSc degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of solid software engineering experience developing enterprise-grade applications
- Strong experience developing user interfaces, custom services, components, or modules using Microsoft stack
- .net + C# an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with test-driven development and agile/iterative development methodologies.
- Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge, demonstrating the desire to stay in touch with emerging technologies
- Good collaboration and leadership skills, as well as passion for work in a team environment with the ability to resolve conflicts and align people
- Experience working in agile development team
- Self-starter looking to contribute significantly to the team
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long-term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit www.affinitystaffing.ca