On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking a HR Generalist to join their team in Markham. This is a new role where you will work closely with Director of Operations, HR Director and other managers on issues relating to Health & Safety, Employee Relations, Payroll, Recruitment, Training etc.This is your opportunity to be creative, obtain ownership and autonomy to drive HR excellence along with the other team members to improve the overall business operations and work environment for the employees.
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Solid organization, planning, negotiation and mediation skills.
Strong business acumen and influencing skills is a must. Demonstrates a highly collaborative approach and a strong sense of urgency. Open minded, flexible and adaptable with sound judgment and decision making skills.
The Human Resources Generalist will Support Team Leads, Supervisors and Managers in responding to employee relations matters throughout the employment cycle including discipline, investigations, etc.
- Support Managers and employees with the interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Complete departure process including updating PeopleSoft, drafting letters, conducting exit interviews
- Responsible for entering and/or updating employee information in PeopleSoft
- Ensure bi-weekly payroll information is entered and submitted in a timely manner
- Track all employees on leave of absence
- Ensure premium payments are submitted to Benefits department for staff on extended leaves
- Respond to request from internal and external parties re: employment letters, verification of ROEs sent to Service Canada, WSIB etc.
- Participates in Health & Safety program. Conducts inspections and come up with recommendations
- Assist with training and/or set up training required for staff and ensure this is documented and tracked
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement imitative in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
Education and/or Experience
- University degree in HR or a related field, with a preference for a HR designation
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in Human Resources as a Coordinator or Generalist within a healthcare and/or distribution environment.
- Experience with employee relations, Health & Safety, payroll and training
- Intermediate computer skills, specifically Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize request
- Flexible to occasionally work outside of core business hours to support the business
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca