On behalf of our client, we are looking for an IT Application Software Development Manager in Vaughan for a progressive organization who is rapidly transforming into a digital and e-commerce driven business.
We are looking for an IT Applications Software Manager with a strong technical background in building ecommerce platforms to lead the ecommerce application delivery team. Through your strong people management, team-building and technical skills, you will instill a new level of delivery discipline and raise the bar for our application delivery team. Your mandate is to lead the team which is responsible for the design and delivery of a best-in-class B2B ecommerce platform.
To excel in this role, you must have deep expertise in application development and be a true leader. Using agile techniques, you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get technical to understand the current state and to drive change in people, process, and technology. You have a solid understanding of ecommerce and ecommerce platform architecture and are passionate about learning and building next generation technology.
Expertise and Qualifications:
- Manage a team of 8-10 developers to deliver the ecommerce platform roadmap.
- Collaborate with product management, PMO, Business Solutions and other stakeholders, while establishing and measuring performance targets.
- Provide leadership on monthly releases and other technical projects that could involve customer enablement, 3rd party integration and customization.
- Champion and facilitate adoption of agile delivery processes within the organization.
- Minimum 5-10 years of hands-on experience in application development combined with 5+ years of experience leading a team of developers.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math or a related field.
- Deep technical understanding of a wide variety of technologies including Oracle, SQL Server, Reporting/Analytics tools, data and content management systems (CMS, PIM, MDM), Mobile apps, RPA, EDI & XML integration.
- Experience in developing E-Commerce platforms and integrating 3rd party products.
- Strong business planning, analytical, and conceptual skills.
- Experience in web and mobile development of custom applications using one or more development languages or tools (e.g. Java/J2EE, .NET).
- A persona that is comfortable multi-tasking, dealing with change and being a strong team leader.
- An opportunity to be part of an ecommerce transformation with an iconic 130-year-old Canadian company.
- An opportunity to be part of a team that is going places, delivering new and exciting technology.
- A culture that is actively committed to innovation and challenging the status quo.
- Health benefits coverage, employer matched retirement savings plans, employee discount programs.
- Be part of a company that gives back to the community
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca