On behalf of our client, Affinity Staffing is seeking a The Software Engineer in Test to work across agile teams to ensure integration points meet functional, performance, and code standard requirements. This role requires that software engineering best practices are applied to the domain of software quality testing. Working closely with product lead, delivery lead, and other agile team members, the SDET ensures that the desired result for our projects are achieved.
- Creates automated tests to validate the performance and quality of our products and to reduce manual testing work
- Performs load and stress testing of the web applications and APIs
- Automates front-end testing using automation tools
About Affinity Staffing:
- Ability to write custom frameworks, evaluate tools
- Knowledge of Selenium WebDriver is desirable
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of the “Test Pyramid” and an understanding of the difference between unit tests, component tests, integration tests, and UI testing
- 5+ years direct experience in software development with hands on experience in software automation testing, test case development, test execution, test results analysis, and test optimization
- Experience in creation, maintenance and optimization of automation frameworks including management of test reporting
- Hands on experience in NUnit or JUnit
- Experience working with a formal CI/CD pipeline in Azure DevOps is an asset
- Kanban experience desirable
Affinity Staffing is a full-service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit www.affinitystaffing.ca