On behalf of our client, Affinity is looking for a full-time Pharmacy Technician in Burnaby, BC. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading global healthcare organization, specializing in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition.
• Maintain inventories of sufficient supplies in staging and cleanroom departments to meet production demands.
• Compound batch I.V. solutions as per the batch formulation, and that all relevant quality standards, and relevant compounding guidelines are maintained.
• Prepare the various cleaning and stock solutions following compounding and measuring processes as outlined in WI's.
• Pick, inspect and verify all production components against production documents.
• Working with the guidance of the production team, maintain strict adherence to line clearance principles through all stages of production.
• Perform validation, calibration, and microbiological monitoring and checking as required by standard operating procedures and WI's.
• Prepare compound and documentation for the Pharmacist for verification
• Ensure completion of all required Quality Assurance entries on production documentation.
• Complete in process and final inspections of product as required by WI's.
• Label and package compounded product to ensure proper identification and integrity for shipping and final use.
• Assist in the cleaning of equipment, totes, and work surfaces and maintain facility compliance
• Pharmacy Technician Diploma from a recognized community college
• Minimum one year experience in a sterile compounding/manufacturing environment, or community hospital and/or pharmacy an asset.
• Sound knowledge of compounding technology and aseptic technique
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
• Excellent communication skills and computer knowledge
• Ability to handle multiple demands made simultaneously under short time constraints.
• Flexible and adaptable to meet the requirements of our evolving business
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca