On behalf of our global enterprise client, Affinity is currently seeking a Data Engineer for a 12 month contract. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection related to our integrated operating center, situational awareness, processing and engineering systems. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of designing, building and optimizing company data architecture to support our next generation of operation management systems.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into the acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the software engineering, data science and architecture teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Comply with standards, policies and procedures to ensure security and integrity of supported solutions.
About Affinity Staffing:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure professional certification desired.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional and international teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish will be an asset.
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.