On behalf of our global enterprise client, Affinity is currently seeking a Data Visualization Analyst for a 12 month contract. You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of visualization dashboards related to our integrated operating center, situational awareness, mining, processing and engineering systems. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of designing and building the visual elements of next generation of mining operation management systems.
- Design and develop insightful solutions that deliver simple, compelling and actionable data visualizations for complex datasets.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure software operates ideally across a range of programs and platforms, including Microsoft products and various mobile operating systems
- Collaborating with business partners to design and implement BI solutions, including requirements gathering, design, development, solution delivery and end-user training.
- Comply with standards, policies and procedures to ensure security and integrity of supported solutions.
About Affinity Staffing:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- 5+ years of strong data analysis experience in mining, processing or manufacturing.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience creating complex dashboards and data stories using Microsoft PowerBI, TIBCO Spotfire and any major Analytics and Business Intelligence platform.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure cloud services is an asset.
- Excellent SQL Skills across complex data sets.
- Strong design skills with focus on usability and highly aesthetic visuals.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse, relational and columnar databases.
- Experience in using Python and R for statistical modelling is a plus.
- Ability to use storytelling to describe a business operation using data.
- Experience working with cross-functional and international teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish highly desired.
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.