On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a Network Engineer to join their team to upgrade their network infrastructure and build/configure the new equipment.
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
- Oversee and direct the team responsible for configuration, build, documentation and
- implementation of new equipment
- Ability to replace core switches. (Migration of settings from legacy to new, etc.)
- Ability to replace edge switches. (Migration of settings from legacy to new, etc.)
- Configure routing, firewall and NAT policies on internet firewalls.
- Coordinate with vendor to replace a legacy Metro circuit with a new CE circuit.
- Support the vendor pre-field, staging, and implementation activities for circuit replacement.
- Coordinate vendor decommissioning of legacy Metro circuit.
- Site preparation for installation(s).
- 7-10 years of experience with a wide range of Cisco routers & switches
- 7-10 years of proven network troubleshooting skills at engineering level
- Bachelor's Degree or a diploma requiring 3 - 4 years of full-time study.
- Routing & Switching skills at CCIE level (BGP, OSPF, RIP, PVST,HSRP,etc)
- Proven experience in VoIP
- Cisco QoS experience (CCNP level or equivalent)
- Experience in troubleshooting: DNS, DHCP, FTP, VPNs, LACP, SSL, NAT/PAT, ADSL/Cable, Modems, copper/fiber wiring issues
- Superior understanding of network monitoring & performance technologies
- Strong understanding of Telco transport technologies (SONET, ATM, MPLS
- CCNP and/or CCIE level certifications
- Access to a vehicle is preferred
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca