On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a Chief Technology Officer to join the organization on a permanent full-time basis.
They are an internet publisher that has been steadily growing since 2008 with the mission to educate investors and connect them with opportunity. They publish using WordPress running on a LEMP stack at AWS. We integrate with best in class systems including Google Ad Manager, JW Player and Whatcounts. Located in Vancouver and Toronto, they are looking to add their development team. This is a new direction for them that presents significant growth opportunities.
Chief Technology Officer
- Be honest. There is always more value in the truth.
- Have fun. It is important to enjoy the things you do. Life is too short.
- Deliver value. This will ensure we are always viable.
- Ask for help. We can do everything we set out to do when we do it together.
As an online publisher, we rely on our technology to get our great content and clients in front of our global audience. It is that technology that allows us to achieve our goal of educating investors and connecting them with opportunity. Over the last decade we have seen our audience grow, but we know there are still so many investors who would benefit from what we have to offer. Are you ready to help us get to that audience?
- Establish a vision for the development department and support that vision on a day-to-day basis with your team
- Manage the department budget
- Lead the company in terms of understanding technology and online publishing trends
- Work with other departments to support their goals and overall company goals
- Analyze user requirements and usability metrics to ensure audience satisfaction
- Set and manage development platforms and standards
- Evaluate and implement technologies used for design, development and content delivery to ensure we have a best of class online publishing platform
- Create short- and long-term goals for the development team
- Maintenance of System Description
- Develop and manage the development roadmap and report to management team
- Manage the relationships with third party vendors and service providers
- Manage the structure of the development department and the roles within it
- Conduct performance reviews for all members of the development team
- Contribute to directly to development efforts when required
- Management of processes to ensure all development conforms with our
- Version control
- Issue tracking
- Team collaboration
- Code repository
You will be considered for the position if you have a good combination of:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science or related field required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in web development and online publishing
- Excellent skills in computing, software development and software design
- 3+ years’ executive-level experience preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management and organization skills
- Successful experience in iterative and incremental software/website development (agile)
- Experience and proficiency managing the use of collaborative development tools, including Bitbucket, Jira, Slack
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems and meet deadlines