On behalf of our client Affinity is looking for a Network Engineer on a 12-month contract. The successful candidate will work to ensure that the regular operations of the network are maintained to ensure continuity of business operations. You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing systems, and supporting services. The goal is to ensure the integrity and availability of all systems within the enterprise infrastructure, ensuring maximum performance and reliability as well as security for all users.
- Monitoring and maintaining automated systems such as backups, batch processing systems, and alert management systems.
- Managing network and related infrastructure.
- Functioning as Tier 2 Support for issues relating to the enterprise (i.e. break / fix support as requested by the Support Desk) .
- Managing servers, desktop and mobile equipment; ensuring that email and data storage networks work properly and making sure that employees’ workstations are working efficiently and stay connected to the central computer network.
- Installation of all network hardware and software and making needed upgrades and repairs.
- Maintaining network and computer system security and ensuring that all systems are operating correctly.
- Solving problems when a user or an automated monitoring system informs them that a problem exists.
- Maintaining a high level of industry knowledge and technical skills.
- Operating as a level 2 support (i.e. secondary escalated support).
About Affinity Staffing:
- BS in computer and related certification including MS Network Engineer, MCSE, MCSD.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft technical knowledge
- Experience with NaaS, VOIP and Office 365
- Understanding of security and security standards within the industry
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Well organized and self-motivated to learn
- Ability to work off hours as required to minimize disruption of services during business operational hours
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit www.affinitystaffing.ca