On behalf of our client, Affinity Staffing is seeking a UX/UI Designer. This is a new and exciting full time position with a growing organization. The Digital marketing department is seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our team. This role’s responsibilities include creating wireframes, interactive prototypes, and mock-ups; define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications for all the organizations online properties.
Take advantage of this opportunity by:
* Being apart of a growing innovative company that's a leader in their industry with a highly motivated, collaborative and fun team environment
- Have the right key support team members to help you succeed in your role
* Good career growth and opportunities
* RRSP Group Pension Plan with company contributions
* 100% paid company benefits with no waiting period, bonus program and education reimbursements available
* Great vacation package, personal days, study days, volunteer days in addition to 10 paid sick days
- Education reimbursement program (for approved courses)
- Employee recognition program
- Produces wireframes, interactive prototypes, and mock-ups, define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications for all CST online properties.
- Explore different approaches to solving specific user problems, ensuring the experience is flawless and users are delighted with their experience. • Produce optimal layouts and user controls; maintain a cohesive style guide and ensure a consistent design language is applied across all online properties.
- Ensure work adheres to brand standards, legal compliance rules and AODA / WCAG compliance standards.
- Make necessary adjustments and changes based on amendments to requirements or feedback from stakeholders.
- Design and update content for existing company content pages and marketing initiatives such as emails and banner ads.
- Manage your own work schedule to ensure tasks and projects are completed on time.
- Obtain data, analytics, and user testing results, apply findings to refine and iterate designs. Design decisions should be scientific, and data driven. Success will be assessed by data.
- Ensure designs continue to evolve, and metrics demonstrate growth and improvements.
- Ensure proposed designs are properly translated in code, and the final developed piece is rendering perfectly across browsers and devices.
- Consult with developers regularly to make certain design specifications align with development structure, so that both design and development areas are cohesive and balanced.
- By consulting with developers, designers should ensure their proposals function well technically, and be aware of the technical possibilities available to them.
- All UX/UI designers/developers should collaborate and work as one entity; ensuring designs are cohesive across all tasks, projects and channels.
- Together with developers, an appropriate work-back schedule should be determined and managed to ensure a timely delivery of the final product.
- Research, explore and learn new industry tools, best practices, new technologies, techniques and methodologies.
- Participate in continual review of our solutions and processes to improve results for the team.
- 3-5 years in a similar digital design role.
- Proven UX/UI experience, demonstrable with a strong, relevant design portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, interactive prototypes and mock-ups.
- Creative, excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user interaction and experience.
- Expertise in online usability best practices, knowledge of AODA/WCAG compliance standards. • Expertise in responsive web design.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend data and apply findings to design.
- Advanced experience and proficiency with tools of the trade, such as, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Axure.
- Proficiency in WordPress or other Content Management Software
- Understanding of web publishing requirements
- Team player with solid communication skills, able to interact effectively and work collaboratively.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Proactive, takes initiative, and has great ability to-multi task
- Self-motivated, innovative and solutions-oriented
- Personable, energetic, positive with “can-do” attitude!
Personality and communications is key for this team - excellent communication, and a curious, creative solutions-orientated attitude is key!
*We encourage candidates to apply, even if they're missing some of the requirements above, but have related experience.
About Affinity Staffing
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology Agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting.We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on our four key principles - Transparency - Flexibility - Agility - Efficiency.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit www.affinitystaffing.ca