On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking an Senior Project Manager
with 10+ years experience. In this role you would be leading multiple concurrent projects, preference is for consultants that have experience with Cloud applications (SaaS) and/or GIS (Geospatial solutions). Whilst it would be nice to have experience working in the Utilities industry this is not a must have.
- Works closely with team and external vendors to determine expectations, timelines, and meet deadlines.
- Close management of resources with other project managers is critical as there may be dependencies with other projects and their resources.
- Manage the budget and schedule performance, external and internal stakeholder expectations, issues and risk management.
- Provide consistent and comprehensive status reporting, project updates, ongoing cost analyses, issue management/resolution and communication at project and executive levels.
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule, including the definition of the workstreams, resource plan and any vendor plans to meet the project objectives.
- Analyzing issues and risks in terms of impact to schedule and budget and identify and execute upon mitigation plans
- Ensure all deliverables and activities required to meet the project scope and objectives are identified and documented.
- Perform quality control of project deliverables and services.
- Support a team environment where everyone learns from each other and feels safe and secure in their roles.
- Preferred expertise working with cloud solutions and portals
- Preferred expertise working with geo spatial solutions such as GE and ESRI
- Preferred expertise working on projects implementing major system upgrades
- Working knowledge of other integrated Utility industry applications and services especially
- Working knowledge of Project Management processes and theory
- Understanding of office applications
- Excellent verbal, nonverbal, written and interpersonal communication skills whether in person, via email or telephone
- Excellent presentation and training skills
- Excellent research and problem solving skills, strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently while concurrently organizing and prioritizing work load
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca