On behalf of our global enterprise client, Affinity is currently seeking a Portfolio Manager
for a 12 month contract.
You will be responsible for supporting a large business transformation program. The transformation touches on important topics such as digitization, automation and advanced analytics and provides an opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams. You will become essential in leading and managing the successful delivery of the Program Office, and facilitate the design and implementation of the program structure, which includes leading a multi skilled team. In addition, the Portfolio Manager will work closely with Functional Managers to ensure successful delivery of all projects within the portfolio.
In this role you will engage with key stakeholders within the operations and corporate offices globally. Engagement with senior management, operational and engineering personnel, as well as other technology and innovation teams are considered essential.
- Oversee program planning and delivery execution against the Program Plan
- Align Program Plan to other projects and timelines
- Establish project teams for initiatives (team, governance, ways of working, cadence, etc.)
- Provide leadership guidance and develop a high performing team
- Manage executive communications, stakeholder and vendor management
- Responsible for Program Delivery Execution as per PMO policies and procedures
- Work with Operations and Departmental managers to request and obtain required project and program resources to meet deliverables
- Accountable for management of Program budget, actuals and forecast numbers
- Provide transparency into project health through published schedules, regular status reporting, and current budget and forecasts
- Ensure projects within the Program have been properly authorized for execution at each stage of the lifecycle including Architectural and Security reviews and approval
- Collaborate directly with business transformation team to define processes and communication protocols
- Directly support Program Manager with executive updates, portfolio updates, and ad hoc reporting requests
- Manage scope changes impacting schedule, budget or quality
- Adhere to project process compliance for Corporate Applications SOX and related audits
About Affinity Staffing:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- PMP certification or similar (preferred)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (preferred)
- Experienced Senior Leader (10+ years) having worked on large complex programs in a corporate environment
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Practical program delivery experience having managed multiple projects concurrently, with a portfolio value in excess $100M
- In depth knowledge of program management principles and leadership best practices
- Experience in developing strategies and plans for large transformational programs
- Ability to apply successful stakeholder and vendor management and governance strategies.
- In depth knowledge of the mining industry and operational technology applied therein
- An analytical mind capable of “out-of-the-box” problem solving
- Experience working with large consultancy companies on strategic initiatives
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Project Online
- Program delivery management experience including budget, operations, communications, change and resource management
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- An ability to be an agile thinker and respond to changing economic and functional demands as they arise
- Ability to navigate and deliver in ambiguous circumstances (limited information, complex stakeholder management)
- Fluent in English and fluency in Spanish would be an asset
- Solid understanding of Capital Projects preferably industrial involving EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) contracts
- Sound knowledge of Infrastructure, Automation and Operations Technology systems
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.