On behalf of our global enterprise client, Affinity is currently seeking a Budget Cost and Planning Analyst
for a 12 month contract.
You will be responsible for managing, analyzing and reporting on the financial performance of program and projects.
- Manage budget plans, forecasts and variances across the portfolio of projects including tracking of committed, incurred and actual expenditures.
- Manage financial/cost model
- Prepare documentation and analyses of financial results for different audiences
- Validate and report key costing assumptions with stakeholders to support budget planning and approval processes
- Develop standard reports and ad hoc reports as needed
- Work closely with various business units and site financial stakeholders
- Identify cost/financial dependencies with other projects
- Identify key timeline and cost risks to Portfolio Manager and determine mitigation strategies
- Prepare forecasts of financial results using historical data, trends and other information and resources available
- Develop predictive financial models and provide analyses to support program
- Coordinate and facilitate the generation of financial reports
- Establish the financial reporting calendar and collaborate with project teams to collect financial baseline plans, forecasts and actual spend
- Maintain and manage the repository of all portfolio related financial documents
- Develop/inherit and maintain standards and procedures governing financial activities
- Act as a “Super User” and Domain Expert for Financial Reporting and related processes and tools for Budgeting and Planning
- Track benefits and earned value
About Affinity Staffing:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial management within a large project environment
- Background in Business or Financial Management and understanding of technology concepts
- Solid understanding of Budget Management, Cost Management and (Project) Accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to manage competing priorities in order to get the job done.
- Genuine interest in the Mining business
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Fluent in English and fluency in Spanish would be an asset
- Familiarity with Industrial Capital Projects and or IT projects is desirable
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.