On behalf of our reputable client, Affinity is seeking a Platform Support Analyst
to join their IT team on a permanent/ full time basis.You will be joining the analytics team and will have opportunities to work with them on projects to improve in-house software solutions; as well as provide daily Tier 1 support to internal users.
Work with a friendly, reputable, and people-focused organisation that provides growth opportunities for their employees; and that has created a team and environment you will be proud to be a part of.
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve issues as required to support operations and internal users
- Communicate effectively in order to provide tier one support of platforms used by clients and staff
- Monitor status and functionality of systems and applications daily
- Investigate, identify and resolve user and application issues in a timely manner including coordinating vendor support
- Manage problems as they arise by communicating effectively with business users and the internal support team to ensure resolution
- Assist with support related projects outside of daily responsibilities, such as implementing patch releases, testing new software, improving systems integration and creating/reviewing documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, computer science, or related field.
- 1+ years’ experience with one, or more, of the following:
- Working in a support role within a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Working with relational database queries
- Working in the financial services sector and working with market data with a background in equities and fixed income
- Familiarity with Latent Zero, Advent APX, Jira and/or Salesforce is a distinct advantage.
- Partial or full completion of the CFA program is a plus
- Additional development/scripting experience such as Perl, Python, VBA/Windows/.Net, C#/C++/Java, SSRS/SSIS, and/or Django/Pandas/NumPy is also a plus.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca