On behalf of our client, Affinity is currently seeking a full-time Director Compensation.
Provides compensation expert advice & counsel through a variety of business/group & leadership engagements to execute strategy and support the business/group strategy. Supports/defines the strategic direction, governance design, program design and execution of compensation programs. Understands and aligns to regulatory requirements in applicable jurisdictions. Completes specific strategic & operational work to deliver program objectives and/or minimize risk.
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Provides expert advice, and support regarding employee and executive compensation issues including internal/external program effectiveness assessment, and governance.
- Oversees the management of the regulatory program to ensure alignment to regulations; may include integrating across the organization depending on the requests.
- Designs, develops and implements multi-year strategy (including governance design, program design, operating framework, tools and processes).
Develops policy positions taking into account legislative requirements.
Monitors program effectiveness and efficiency ensuring SLAs are met and identifying improvement opportunities.
Ensures the execution of program changes in alignment with strategy.
- Develops the business case by identifyig needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Enhances subject matter expertise and keeps abreast of trends by reading subject related journals and articles.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Manages relationships with outside service providers for programs and ensure all required activities are completed.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Collaborates across the organization to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
May include developing communications for senior leader and Board of Directors meetings.
- Acts as the single point of contact for all regulatory matters, including regulatory reporting, to ensure the organization meets regulatory requirements in applicable jurisdictions.
- Governs & oversees operations for compensation to ensure compliance to the operating framework, and adherence to regulations and guidelines.
Assesses and adapts existing operational programs; develops new capabilities to ensure ongoing success.
- Directs the planning & implementation of operational programs.
- Develops compensation programs/solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides input into the planning & implementation of operational programs.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations. Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports regulatory requests, including regulatory reporting, to ensure the organization meets regulatory requirements in applicable jurisdictions.
- Provides analytical support & recommends program solutions, including manipulating data, preparing funding & forecasting models, preparing scenarios, developing preliminary results and monitoring variances to plan for various total reward programs.
- Participates in / coordinates industry benchmarking processes that allow for better understanding of the organizations program in relation to comparators.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across the organization
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca