On behalf of our client, Affinity is seeking a Linux System Administrator. You will be required to participate in the design, configuration, and deployment of several technical projects. You must be have deep knowledge in a wide variety of IT technologies, be a self-starter, be customer service oriented, and be passionate about technology.
- Provide technical support to IT infrastructure and systems;
- Perform day to day operational activities, including server building and administration, system patching and upgrade, backup, DR replication, recovery, clusters and high-availability environments, and data center management;
- Experience with management and maintenance of Linux environment.
- Take ownership of backup and recovery solution and ensures all necessary systems and data are backed up and can be reliably restored
- Proactively monitor system logs and performance, respond to issues, troubleshoot and identify root causes, develop and implement technical resolutions;
- Assess, research, and analyze business and system requirements, explorer alternative options to recommend and design technology solutions to meet those needs;
- Participate in and provide input to system architecture design, planning, and implementation of new systems;
- Work collaboration with other internal teams, external partners and vendors to ensure all aspects of IT projects and support requests are met;
- Work as an escalation point for Help Desk desktop support;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Upgrade knowledge of emerging technologies by reading professional publications, and participating in educational and training opportunities;
- Ability to provide guidance to Help Desk resources;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to set priorities;
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- 3+ years of experience working directly with general IT infrastructure technologies, including Linux Servers, virtualization using VMWare products, and WAN/LAN devices
- Ability to troubleshoot technical system errors and produce resolutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with professionalism and to periodically work overtime and outside normal business hours.
- Ability to work in a highly organized manner with attention to detail and accuracy while meeting deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
- Broad range of IT related systems administration including deployment and management of:
- Linux-based systems (Ubuntu, Debian) including OS management, LAMP stack, proxy services, MySQL
- Firewall, VPN, load balancers, transactional web applications
- Virtualization based on VMware vSphere infrastructure
- Clustered and load balanced systems based on Linux servers
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca