On behalf of our global enterprise client, Affinity is currently seeking an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer for a 6 month contract.
In this role you will be software and systems engineering, in support of data engineering, machine learning, and analytics workloads in the Google Cloud environment. Working closely with other operations and product groups, as well as architecture teams, to facilitate a cloud expansion, analytics and migration initiative.
- Consulting with various business stakeholders to assist in cloud solution design and requirement gathering
- Deploy, support, and optimize highly scalable, fault tolerant solutions in support of data engineering, machine learning and analytics projects
- Optimize new and already provisioned solutions for availability, scalability, security and cost
- Deliver re-usable, flexible, built-as-code infrastructure solutions
- Drive adoption of validated solution templates across the organization
- Look for opportunities to automate repeatable processes at every opportunity
- Ensuring solution, performance and operational reliability of digital systems
- Work with stakeholders to develop and configure monitoring for Service Level Indicators, and establish Service Level Objectives and Service Level Agreements
- Respond to outages, perform root cause analysis and proactively prevent recurrences
About Affinity Staffing:
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- Preference for Google Cloud certification (Associate Cloud Engineer\Professional Cloud Architect\Professional Data Engineer)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions (Terraform required)
- Familiarity with containerization technologies and platforms, specifically Kubernetes
- Comfortable working with VCS (GitHub and Cloud Source Repositories)
- Experience designing and implementing data pipelines would be a bonus
- Excellent problem solving skills in resolving issues with complex systems
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer service skills
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.