On behalf of our client Affinity is looking for a Senior Cloud Solutions Architect to help maintain and improve a scalable, high-performance, distributed website platform. This individual will report to the Vice President, Product Software and work alongside a team of developers, QA specialists, designers and devops engineers with varying specializations. You will need to be self-motivated, organized, and have exceptional interpersonal skills to be successful in this position.
About Affinity Staffing:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS, Math or related field or equivalent experience
- 8 years of software engineering experience including developing, architecting, DevOps engineering, deploying highly scalable distributed computer systems
- 4 years of experience focused on AWS as an Application/Solutions architect
- An expert in working with AWS technologies like ECS, ELB, EC2, S3, RDS, Redis, IAM, WAF, Route53, Cloudfront, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation and CloudWatch
- Experience provisioning highly scalable infrastructure using AWS
- Experience working with WordPress, specifically WordPress Multisite is an asset
- Experience with setup and configuration of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience with container management systems like Docker
- Familiarity with design patterns and principles, including DevOps techniques, performance testing & management, and data storage & processing
- Strong, hand-ons experience in developing and maintaining scalable, distributed, high-performance micro/web services
- Strong automation experience including deployment, monitoring and scaling automation
- Strong skills and experience with infrastructure as code and configuration management tools like Ansible
- Experience with setup and configuration of cloud monitoring tools - CloudWatch, Elastic Stack (ELK), New Relic, etc.
- Experience installing/configuring/maintaining centralized logging tools like Splunk, Sumo Logic, etc.
- Experience installing, configuring and monitoring Apache/Nginx HTTP servers
- Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
Affinity Staffing is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity Staffing, please visit.