Our client is doing their part to help the feed the future by assisting the world's growers through the design and development of robotics and AI systems, which detect crop health in commercial greenhouses internationally, eliminating the need for mass chemical pesticide usage. During a very exciting period of growth, their are looking to expand their team!
This is an intermediate to senior-level vacancy, for a Data Engineer with 5+ years of experience. We are searching for applicants who are passionate about analytics, who enjoy problem-solving within a team environment and are eager to introduce new ideas. Multiple positions are available. Previous production level experience is a must.
- Cross-team communication and collaboration skills to conceive, design, and bring to market a data platform that drives customer solutions
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, message queues and stream processing architectures of highly scalable big data data stores
- Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture and semantic data models for relational data warehouses and data lakes
- Experience with distributed computing using an Amazon Web Services cloud based tech stack
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets, advanced working SQL knowledge including query authoring and optimization
- Experience performing analysis on internal and external data to answer specific business questions and enhancing the data platform with relevant solutions
- Experience with database optimization, data replication, database recovery, DR failover and H/A solutions and performance tuning
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, operations, and security and internationalization
- Track record of employing DevOps tools and culture
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software engineering and data engineering