On behalf of our client Affinity is looking for a Senior Project Manager
to take on two key initiatives, a Warehouse Management System implementation where you will oversee the planning and timely delivery of this supply chain and fulfillment project. In addition, you will head up a new business unit within the organization that will require you to be responsible for the project timelines and timely delivery of design and development of systems, processes, and facilities required for the success of this new venture. The ideal candidate will ensure a successful transition of new systems and processes into production. You will obsess over planning, coordination, and simplifying complex problems to a critical path. You will lead and influence cross-functional teams of internal and external subject matter experts.
What you'll do
- Your years of experience in leading and implementing ERP related systems, ideally within a supply chain or warehouse environment will allow you to lead this team to success.
- Your entrepreneurial spirit and experience with other start up initiatives will allow you the flexibility and vision to help this team of stakeholders reach their business goals.
- Drive operations programs through project completion within time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Lead project team meetings, drive cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensure alignment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain cross-functional, integrated project plans and schedules.
- Actively monitor and control project execution.
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and proactively inform management of issues and risks.
- Identify and implement solutions to improve operational efficiencies
- BSc degree in business or equivalent experience
- 10+ years managing projects, utilizing a formalized approach
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts and practices of project
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving ability, able to resolve critical and high impact
- Experience managing complex programs in an eCommerce, retail environment, warehouse or supply chain environment is a significant plus
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in automation and warehouse/logistics optimization project management is nice to have.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology.
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca