Affinity Staffing has a great career opportunity with one of our best client’s who is experiencing transformational growth. The position of System Administrator is responsible for the efficient support of our client’s staff with their computers and application software. This is a client focused position that will entail support of workstations, network, server and cloud technologies
Education and Training:
- Responsible for the day-to-day computing needs of the corporate office including arranging for support across other business divisions.
- Responsible for maintaining the company’s IT infrastructure. This includes Servers, Cloud Solutions (Azure, AWS) and desktops.
- Implement and manage features within Office 365: Exchange, SharePoint, CRM, EMS, etc.
- Proficient with MS technology such as Exchange, Backups, AD, ADFS, file server issues and permission issues
- Support desktop operating systems and application software. This includes deskside, telephone and web support.
- Support of staff in all offices via telephone and web.
- Monitoring the current application software levels and arranging for updates when they are available.
- Researching and testing new software that might be of use to the client’s business requirements.
- Provide training to staff.
- Ensure that computing standards are adhered to.
- Supervise co-op and/or junior IT staff to ensure they are working on agreed tasks/protects.
- Support 1st and 2nd level with escalations.
- Update and create IS policies and procedures when required.
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology from a recognized institution.
- Five years work experience in the IT field.
- Microsoft certifications an asset.
- Experienced with the management of Office 365.
- Experience in managing Azure and or AWS environments.
- Cloud training and certifications an asset.
- Familiarity with Linux an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Support oriented with the ability to provide clear and accurate instructions to users in a variety of situations
- Good judgement with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Affinity is a full service Information Technology agency that takes a unique approach to recruiting. We believe recruiting is about creating long term relationships that foster a mutually beneficial partnership - an affinity. Bringing a new style of recruiting founded on four core principles – Transparency – Flexibility – Efficiency – Agility.
For more information on Affinity, please visit www.affinity-group.ca